On 06/13/2015 12:33 AM, Tim Flink wrote:

>> And I thought we were doing so great by leaving it behind...

>> As I already mentioned in the review, the way how Phab displays lint
>> errors is a problem in this particular case - the diff is hard to
>> read. That is something I'd like to avoid in the future.
>
> Getting rid of most lint errors/warnings/advice would be one way of
> doing that :)

Folks can also configure their local clone to run the flake8 checks
before allowing a commit: https://flake8.readthedocs.org/en/latest/vcs.html

Code contributions to open source projects are "free as in puppy" rather
than "free as in beer", and core contributor time is almost always the
limiting factor on development progress, so it's reasonable to impose
certain minimal expectations on potential contributors.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat PnT Operations

Software Development Workflow Designer & Process Architect