On 5/3/2018 12:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On 05/02/2018 11:05 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
>> I think the first level of organization should be by application

>>> Organizing the cases with respect to AOO module -- Writer, Calc, etc. --
>>> sounds ideal.
>>>
>>> Do we have any ideas for how to perform this classification?
>> What I have done with the Impress ones was to use the same folder
>> structure as that used on the TestLink site. that way I can fit them
>> into whatever structure we decide upon. At this point you would either
>> have to open every file and hope the description either tells you are
>> can be easily derived, or manually go through the directory structure on
>> the TestLink site and match the test numbers.
> That's great Keith. I realize now in hindsight that I should have done
> this as well. :(
> I can go back and do this but it will take some time given my current
> personal schedule.
>
> Would it be possible for you to set up an area under --
> https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/ManualTesting/
>
> and just use your structure so we can take a look?
Kay;
I can do that later in the week, but understand that the structure was
somewhat different for each application depending on the internals of
the application. For example Impress has a lot of tests for different
type of animations where I do not believe Writer uses them much at all.

I will try to comit my Impress structure later in the week. I am busy
with Dr. appointments the bigining of the week.

Regards
Keith