On 9/29/24 12:38 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On Sat, 28 Sept 2024 at 21:40, Daniel Henrique Barboza
<dbarb...@ventanamicro.com> wrote:

On 9/28/24 8:34 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
The assertion failure is
ERROR:../tests/qtest/riscv-iommu-test.c:72:test_reg_reset: assertion
failed (cap & RISCV_IOMMU_CAP_VERSION == 0x10): (0 == 16)

The root cause is that the qtests I added aren't considering the endianess of
the
host. The RISC-V IOMMU is being implemented as LE only and all regs are being
read/written in memory as LE. The qtest read/write helpers must take the qtest
endianess into account. We make this type of handling in other qtest archs like
ppc64.

I have a fix for the tests but I'm unable to run the
ubuntu-22.04-s390x-all-system
job to verify it, even after setting Cirrus like Thomas taught me a week ago. In
fact I have no 'ubuntu-22-*' jobs available to run.

It's on the private s390 VM we have, so it's set up only to
be available on the main CI run (there's not enough capacity
on the machine to do any more than that). If you want to point
me at a gitlab branch I can do a quick "make check" on that
if you like.

I appreciate it. This is the repo:

https://gitlab.com/danielhb/qemu/-/tree/pull_fix

If this is enough to fix the tests, I'll amend it in the new IOMMU version.
If we still failing then I'll need to set this s390 VM.

By the way, if you have any recipe/pointers to set this s390 VM to share,
that would be great.

Thanks,

Daniel

thanks