Hi

> On 7 Aug 2019, at 00:37, Nyall Dawson <nyall.daw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 09:08, Tim Sutton <t...@kartoza.com> wrote:
>>
>> /me is googling for cloud hosting services in North Korea :-P
>>
>> Sandro's comments about migrating issues to gitea make me think he has more
>> in mind than a simple mirror of the code….
>>
>> If we want a mirror surely it is easier to simply have a small hetzner
>> server running a public read only git repo? No objection from me to have
>> mirrors btw. Also isn’t this something we can just leave up to interested
>> community members to work on? Nobody is complaining and it doesn’t seem
>> useful to spend time and effort on something nobody is asking for.
>
> I was under the impression that Sandro WAS volunteering to do this?

“This” = host a simple Git mirror (+1 from me if he is, and our disenfranchised
nation friends can access it)?
Or
“This” = full migration of GitHub issues to gitea (-1 from me unless we have a
very clear understanding of what we will land up with at the end of the process
and there is full community buy-in)?

I guess I probably am over-interpreting this paragraph from Sandro:

"Latest Gitea release (1.9.0) introduced support for also migrating
issues/pull-requests/labels/milestone/wiki/releases from a github
project. I'd be happy to try that out if anyone can give me
credentials to hit the API to do so (drop me a note).”

Sandro: sure we can set you up with credentials if you just want to test it out
and show us what it looks like….

Regards

Tim

—