Sorry if this is an FAQ but it's quicker to ask here than search for
reference that may not be there ;-)

I would like to associate QPC's flp1_ with a USB floppy. My notebook
only
very rarely has an A: drive which I have to swap with the CD drive.

Any chance ?

Jon.
Depending on how the PC sees it, you may have to force specific drives
to be specific letters. If you force your hard disk to be drive C, CD
to be drive D you should be able to find that the USB floppy is
recognised as B: which is the usual letter for second floppy drives as
long as nothing else grabs it. I tried looking on the net, thse drives
are generally meant to appear as A: or B: where they are recognised as
floppies.

Taking this a stage further, never tried with USB floppy drives, but
having up to 6 extra USB drives (mobile pen disks and camera card
readers) I get into an awful tangle with which drive is which,
depending on what was plugged when into which USB port - what was
drive F today is not necessarily F tomorrow. As the drives have no
names or identifiers in Exploder etc it's usually a case of trial and
error to find the drive, so I resort to making the permanently
attached drives reserve a letter for themselves to make them stay the
same.

Your laptop might not have recognised it specifically as a floppy,
perhaps?

These drives usually don't need a driver under Windows later than
Win98. Windoze 98 or earlier, you may need a driver perhaps, if USB
floppies are like mobile disk flash memory drives. Manufacturers website might give a clue what applies to your Windoze version if you know who made the drive.