ÎÎÎ Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:36:55 -0000,Î(Î) Rich Mellor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ÎÎÏÎÏÎ/wrote:

Blimey Phoebus -

From now on I shall be known as Ffibys - the artist formerly known as Phoebus ;-)

this is not exactly very well put - not a guide for beginners and just the sort of thing to put people off trying these emulators. A beginner wants to know how set up a hard disk within an emaulator, cop a QL disk onto that hard drive and use it to run programs from.

Pah! :-)
Roy asked ;-) not the "beginner". It is obvious that he will put it in a more comprehensible form ;-)

I'd imagine Roy would understand what I mean :-)

1) You say you have the uqlx.rc file
a) Where would a user find this
b) Which line in it would the user have to amend and what would they put to map win1_ to D:\QL (or whatever it is)?

2) Where is the MDV/WIN configuration on the gui (what is a gui - beginners who have limited experience of Windows and MACs will not even know this term). Is the gui the main emulator menu which surrounds the QL screen?

3) On Q-Emulator - you need to tell people what the "microdrive slot" items are - maybe some diagrams are needed (I know that are the little white boxes which appear under the QL screen on Q-Emulator - but it is not actually obvious that is what these are, and even that there 8 slots available if you maximise the window.

That actually is described in detail in the very good QemuLator manual (soon to be available in PDF as well) ;-)

Ffibys