[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> On 11 Jan 2005 at 17:44, Marcel Kilgus wrote:
> (...)
> >Without having any personal view on the issue yet, isn't it basically
> >the same issue as with CMD$? Does CMD$ work in compiled basic?
>
> Yes and no. (That's a true lawyes's anwer for you)
> No problem for Sbasic itself, of course.
> However, while CMD$ works in Qlib, this is only because Qlib has it's own
> CMD$ command. There is no way to have a similar home$ command in Qlib.
>
> I don't know about Turbo, but since that is still maintained, something
> should be possible there (George?).

Turbo uses OPTION_CMD$ to return the parameter string of an EXecuted program.
This keyword is, of course, part of Turbo TK code, and returns a null string
in SuperBASIC. If a new Turbo TK keyword is neede for home$ I presume this
could be added. However, if home$ is just another SuperBASIC keyword Turbo
would
presumably allow it to be compiled (provided it did not return paramters!).

George