> All that is required is a standard Null Modem Lead, they work perfectly.
>
> Laplink cables do not work as you have stated. In fact all that is
> required is 5 lines.
>
> RX  --------------- TX
> TX ---------------- RX
> CTS--------------- RTS
> RTS -------------- CTS
> GND ------------- GND
>
> I was going to build a little box that could connect up 4 Sernet
> computers, but never got around to it. Might make and bring it to the
> next show.
>
> Derek
Just be a little bit careful with this, since I remember Bernd Reinhardt
telling me that many versions of Sernet only allow a 2-computer connection due
to some performance issues or something which they ran into, at the time - he
said if ever I needed to do a multi-computer link to ask him for the special
sernet.

I can't remember which versions where affected, it would have been around v2.25
(give or take a few versions, I think about 2 years ago), and I don't know at
what point multi-computer support was reintroduced. So if anyone is brave
enough like Derek to try the multi-computer sernetting with the circular serial
cables wiring, and can't get it to work, this may be one possible reason.

Now that a QL with network is a bit of a rarity (only Auroras, QLs and QXLs
have network ports) such a box might well prove popular. I'd certainly be
interested to see one in action. I'd even like to suggest Sernet as a topic for
a session at a workshop soon, given the amount of correspondence here about it.