On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:49:27 +0000, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks.

> How about mysql ;-)

Close, SQLLite.

Cheers, Norman.
Why do you intend to try to port this - just an exercise or do you want to be able to do SQL-like work at home on a QL?

I daresay it would be an interesting addition to the QL software armoury, although it seems a bit perverse to port it to a QL, at least at first sight. Mind you, I originally thought that about some of the things people like Jonathan Hudson used to port to QDOS, although some of his projects did get a fair bit of use over time.

Perverse? Running Windoze is perverse ;-) Seriously though, why? :-) With TCP capabilities almost ready to roll in regular QL systems and available in 90% of emulators, it wouldn't be so weird to run a QL WebServer with an SQLlite backend. Imagine how cheap a QL based server appliance would be!

Ffibys