Peter Graf wrote:
> I wonder if the QL motherboard needs to stay to keep the thing
> subjectively attractive. Or could the QL be filled with completely
> new
> life, just keeping the black case?
I think that an Aurora card can in principle be built into a QL case,
but it's not easy. Probably easier to build it into a PC style case.
But it's one way of putting new life in the old black box. As you
can't use microdrives with Aurora, that space becomes available and an
Aurora, Qubide and SGC would probably fit inside the QL case, probably
just the SGC heatsink and the drive and printer connectors protruding.
IIRC correctly, the Aurora is slightly narrower than a QL board, so
leaves some space for cables etc.

I remember there were some power supply issues and the need to modify
the ribbon cable connection of the QL keyboard, but the Aurora manual
gives some advice on these.

But if a 'Super QL' were made to fit the original case, it would of
course have nostalgia value, as the original QL case design was one of
its great features.