On 20 Feb 2007, at 22:14, Malcolm Cadman wrote:

> I may be wrong, yet I thought that GWASS was optimised for the
> 68020 for
> the new hardware, like Q60, and yet still backwards compatible.

GWASS should certainly assemble any program suitable for GWASL. In
that sense it is certainly backward compatible.

GWASL is a copy of GWASS at an early stage in GWASS' s development.
Later a few changes were made to GWASL to add a feature or two and to
correct mistakes already corrected in later versions of GWASS.
Nevertheless even with this this slight divergence you can use GWASS
in place of GWASL, but not vice versa.

George