I read in the Guardian (so it must be true!) that the maximum memory that can
be used is 3Gb but that could be just for XP.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 2 January, 2008 10:31:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] 2.5 inch HD

Interesting enough 1Gb is more than enough for Vista - it can actually
 run
respectably enough in 512Mb.    Perhaps they have learnt their lesson,
 and
as memory is cheap do not want the PC vendors to cripple performance by
stinting on memory.

Having said that if I was going to buy a new machine for use with Vista
would probably go for 2Gb or 4Gb.  Modern machines have hyperthreaded
 CPU
cores, so you are more likely to load multiple applications and still
 get
decent performance if you have lots of memory available.

dave