In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

Thanks, Tony.

Portables do not seem to be as reliable as they used to ... probably
because of cheaper manufacture to meet an increasing specification.

I have an Acer 233 on loan from work, and the screen on that failed when
I recently returned it for an update.

I was then simply given the use of another one. Which I can now
configure with software myself although it is based on a mirror of the
work network with Windows XP.

And, as you say, the old 386 / 486's just keep on going !

--
Malcolm Cadman