In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Stephen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

<Clip>

The Chapel picture now doesn't show at all but the Quanta logo image is present in all its glory.

As the smaller pictures are all rescaled on the page to 160x120px there is no need to retain the 640x480 size. It might be better to process the full images in IrfanView (using Resize/Resample) to reduce them to 160px width or 120px height whilst preserving the aspect ratio and leaving the larger dimension, then crop the excess off the latter (top/bottom or sides) to reduce to the desired 160x120px, still preserving the aspect ratio.

It may be slightly easier to reduce to 165px width or 125px height in the first step to make the cropping to 160x120 easier, without having to start the cursor at the very edge of the picture.

In this way the people pictured won't be stretched to appear so fat or skinny!

Thanks, Stephen.

Good advice again.

Will that mean that they become a fixed size ? So, the right mouse click will not bring up the full image ; if requested by the user ?

I have implemented your previous suggestion of going via a thumbnail image and an HTML link. Using the Irfanview software.

I didn't know it had the feature ... :-) ... although I have used it for quite some time, I haven't really explored its features.

I have made the Xmas Card at the bottom of the page a web link using the technique. The original image was at a very high resolution of over 4000 pixels in both height and width.

Including that previously as a JPEG on the page has slowed down the loading of the whole page.

I still haven't fixed the Chapel image, though.

Off line, it all works perfectly, of course .....

--
Malcolm Cadman