On 14 Jun 2009, at 22:08, Tobias Fröschle wrote:

Anton,
you didn't search hard enough ;-) Admittedly, the SMSQ/E homepage does
not say much about the tools needed to compile.

1. QMAC, if you decide to use that for SMSQ/E compilation, is still
available through Quanta, AFAIK.

2. George Gwilt has written a very comfortable set of tools that allows
SMSQ/E compilation using GWASS. There is also a comprehensive HOWTO
available on http://www.jms1.supanet.com/SQLUG/gwilt/gwilt.htm (Scroll
down a bit). Been there, done that - Works great.

Regards
Tobias
Well, that's actually what i've tried to find, thaks a lot!
But...
George's tools would be very usefull if they do not require smsqe to compile smsqe! :((( I made a lot of changes in that HUGE smsg3_bas to make it run in QDOS 1.97, but the main prog (sgmake) refuse to run saying "not implemented yet". :(
Either does something called "_z1", which is created at runtime....
Is there something I can do with it??? Maybe download old (binary) version of smsq somewhere??? Or extentions to QDos which allows to run this stuffs? Or something else...
Please, help.
Thanks in advance!

Anton,
you did not tell you try to compile SMSQ/E on native QDOS.
I have never tried this and I very much doubt this will work at all,
unfortunately.

GWASS requires a 68020+ but does not need SMSQ/E. I must see whether I can compile SMSQ/E with a JS rom and Super Gold Card and, if not why not.

You'd better try to find somebody near you who has access to a QPC or
another SMSQ/E platform and have it compiled for you.
(Or think about investing in a QPC license yourself - It's really worth
the money)

It certainly is worth the money.

George