Urs Koenig (QL) wrote:
> Sad news for connoisseurs of UK's computing press. After 31 years Personal
> Computer World (PCW) magazine had to close this summer. The last issue was
> August 2009.
In a word, sad. PCW taught me Basic programming long before I ever had a
computer to actually type it into. When I got my ZX-81 I had to start
all over again as it was a different dialect of Basic! Them were the days.

I have to say, I shall miss it. Even though I'm probably responsible for
its demise - I have only bought the occasional copy in the last few
years - it's coverage of Linux was far too brief.

Hopefully, I'm not the only one responsible!

Cheers,
Norman.