I sent this a while ago, but it seemed to got lost....

I started programming on Fortran, then the ZX80 came out and I started programming in BASIC, which seemed easier then Fortran at that time.

I delved into Z80 assembler programming on the ZX81, Spectrum, Memotech, Sam and finally ended up with a QL. 68000 Assembler seemed easier then Z80 and more powerfull. I then tried Atari ST in most favours and Amigas, but the QL was the best and easiest to use.

The SuperBASIC on the QL was years ahead of the other BASICS, I pasted an Open University Course: M205: Fundamentals of Computing with only knowledge of SuperBASIC. The course was centred around PASCAL, so the procedurtal programming in SuperBASIC fitted in very nicely.

I did not read PCW that much, but they seemd to know what they talking about, even if it would PC orientated.

So here we are nearly 30 years on, I am still on with QLs and 68K programming,

Derek

Malcolm Cadman wrote:
In message <4aa03b5e.6010...@firshman.co.uk>, Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk> writes