> Just to close off my original request, I have now
> successfully recompiled C68 (as XTC68) under Open Watcom C
> Version 1.8 and MinGW (Minimalist GNU for Windows) GCC 3.4.5.
> The latter version is useful because it integrates very well
> with the MinGW environment and allows MinGW Make to be used
> to build QDOS C projects in exactly the same way as C/C++
> projects for Win32.
Sounds like a great job!

But I never was much in C (my only C experience was on GST's
Small C way back in the 80s) and therefore I have no clue
about it. So what does this mean to the QL community?

"Just" that one can compile QDOS-programs under Windows?

If so, what about such compiled programs?
1. Are the binaries 1:1 (file compare)?
2. If not, any increase in performance under QDOS?
3. If so, what about Dhrystone v2.1?

What about the GCC story of Thierry Godefroy then?
http://morloch.hd.free.fr/qdos/download.html#QDOSGCC

Urs