If I remember right, there can be a 30% increase in speed.

I am not sure if this is correct, but I am sure that Prowess running faster when compiled with XTC68.

Derek

Adrian D. Ives wrote:
Urs,

As you said, to the QL community it means "Just" that one can compile
QDOS-programs under Windows. This is useful, however, for those only
running emulators, because it means compilation can happen at the full
speed of the native OS' CPU, rather than the (admittedly very
efficient)   emulated   68000.

I  have looked at the GCC story, and I did consider trying to get that
solution to run under Windows, but the problem is that GCC has moved
on  a bit since  then.  I  think  the  current  version  is 4.4.2 or
thereabouts.

Anyway, on to your other questions:

1. Yes - except you have to recreate the QDOS file header (file type
and dataspace) once you get the file onto a QDOS volume.

2. No

3. I have done no meaningful performance comparisons or benchmarks
under QDOS, simply because the answer to question 1 is yes. It's just
the C68 compiler running under Win32, the executables it produces are
the same as those produced under QDOS by the same version of C68.

Regards,

Adrian

---