In general I find it a little bit sad, that the Q60 wasn´t a greater
success and that there is no new "real" hardware in the QL-land anymore.

Don´t get me wrong: QPC is a great product and I bought it from Jochen
a few months ago. But I think real hardware is important, too. So I
hope, that there are at least nine other people, who are thinking like
me;-)
I've always thought that both systems had great merits.

On the one hand, Q60 is probably the best hardware-based QL money can buy. It gives a choice of QDOS (with the QDOS Classic system), SMSQ/E and Linux (with the Q60 Linux CD you can get from Peter and Claus Graf www.q40.de). Marcel has mentioned the problem with finding a monitor because of the 1024x512 screen resolution, but apart from that it's a great system.

Personally, I would love a Q60 but I simply don't have the room in the house! We both have PCs here and I also have an Aurora. I use the Windows software for browsing, email (at least until I finish my Q-Mail project which due to lack of time has been on the boil for about 2 years now!), scanner, MP3, etc which I can't do on QPC2. Windows is also handy on a home system for me because I use Windows at work.

QPC2 is my favoured system for the simple reason it runs on a Windows system and lets me have the best of both worlds of Windows and SMSQ/E. Emulator and QL2K are installed on the PC for testing programs, but not used regularly.

Actually, it's not quite that simple any more - using Windows QemuLator you can choose to use any QDOS ROM, including Minerva, or even choose to run the Gold Card version of SMSQ/E if you want. IIRC that would let you use 256-colour mode on QemuLator too, like an Aurora.

It's always been my view that if you want the best dedicated "QL" system (with the option of Linux as an extra benefit) you go for a Q60. If you want the best of both worlds of a Windows and "QL" get QPC2 on a Windows PC (or using something like WINE on Linux). In other words, apart from individual preference and individual circumstances, there is no major reason why either system would be better. You just have to consider what's best for you.