Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> The scanning could be used for flood fills. That's how they used to be
> written in BBC basic many years ago, to find the extremities of a
> colour area, so where to stop flood filling.

Yes, this makes sense with 4 colours, but much less with 16 or 24 bit
(when scanning for black is $00000001 still black or does scanning
stop there?).

When doing a graphics program it hopefully has the image in an
internal format it can understand. I'd suggest scanning this
off-screen bitmap instead of on the screen (if the image doesn't fit
on the screen, should the flood fill stop at the visible borders? I
guess not).

Anyway, I guess we won't see Photoshop for SMSQ/E anytime soon ;)

Marcel