gdgqler wrote:

It seems dangerous to me to rely on a routine which might have changed
since the last time you looked at it. How can you know that the next time
your program runs it won't produce different or faulty results because
the DLL now contains something different?

Hmm, this seems to work in Windows...and ... why not? A routine to decode i.e. an JPG just needs to be once in such a system. OK, Photon works well, no question. I would like to enhance my database of VHS videos with a picture. So, I have to (re-)write my own encoder for a JPG...and I am not able to do so. And so have others. That's why noone have inbuilt JPG (or other formats) in their programs.

Would be better as a kind of THG% in the system.

Cheers...Ralf