On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 5:33 AM, Ralf Reköndt <ralf.rekoe...@t-online.de>wrote:

> Plastic wrote:
>
>  Apologies for the off-topicness, but one thing I'd like to see from Turbo
>> or other compilers is a "command maker" that can take a PROCedure or
>> FuNction, compile it, and package it up so it can be loaded to extend
>> BASIC.
>>

> Works with QLib (and also Turbo, I think). With QLib, if you start such a
> "resident" extension, it results in creating a JOB (even if without
> windows), so I think, not quite what you want.
>
> Cheers...Ralf

Yes, not. I was thinking specifically of it creating superbasic extensions
deliberately for that purpose, to be LRESPR'd and linked into the keyword
list.

It would make for an interesting website to host, where people could submit
keywords with manual entries, and release updated versions, etc. The
commands could be coded in native assembly, or in BASIC, with sources or
not. Where sources were offered, people could check for errors, or offer
enhancements/patches.

By extending this to existing keywords, skilled people could make
functionality or performance enhancements that could then feed back into the
OS.

I would be happy to code and host such a site, if there was interest.

Dave