Norman Dunbar wrote:

Would be better as a kind of THG% in the system.
I see you beat me to it!

However, that is in the existing QDOSMSQ system. A brand new one may
decide to implement the JPEG Thing differently, perhaps.

That's what I meant (I mostly use this THG% abbreviation...sounds better...;-)).

I also have never understand, why TT hasen't implement printer driver as THG%, Jochen has proved it with his own device for QWriter 2, ok, not a Thing but nearby ;-).

And about the PE....we all know, that VirtualBasic (...ahem...) isn't the real thing, but it is so easy to design a window, make a few radio buttons or combo boxes etc.

My first QPTR program was a windowing environment for QPLQ (whis was "CLI" driven by nature). I have used the SB Procs and FNs from the DEMO program of QPTR. A least...it works but don't ask me why. It was (and is) horrible complicated. In my opinion. And has taken me ages to get it work and to half understand the things.

OK, I then had a PE environment, but it has given 30k more compiled code...for merely nothing than using a mouse. I have been warned by TT ;-).

I still want something like the neat "simple" things QLib does (whith a few ASM extensions in it's code) or something like Jochen's Pointers&Writers Toolkit, a bit enhanced.

Just to select a few items, print something in a window etc. Maybe to enhance my S_Edit a bit. But not with QPTR nor EasyPTR. As QLib has done it easier...there MUST be a way to do it easier. But that needs someone, who writes the decent ASM routines for neat keywords. Not my thing ;-))

Cheers...Ralf