In message <AANLkTim6KHeFQGVYiOOiqS33b149p3GG7kA=+0kon...@mail.gmail.com>, Plastic <plasticu...@gmail.com> writes

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Lee Privett <lee.priv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, I didn't understand most of whats being said here, other than 'fit it
all in an QL' and 'ARM', the first sounds exciting the second would have a
certain person spinning in their grave if 1. they were in one and 2. if it
was implemented  :-)

Lee Privett

I've had three generations of platform love.

1st: Sinclair QL - 1984 to 1994 or so.
2nd: Acorn RISC - 1992 to 2001
3rd: Mac OS X - 2001 to present.

OSX transitioned to ARM perfectly. Acorns, well, they invented it. D'uh! And
the QL... Hmmm. So, if you have a choice between ARM and Intel
architectures... it's a no-brainer, given the skills and resources of our
community and the way we use our qlones.

Hehe. I said glones.

Hi Dave,

I have had :

1 - Sinclair ZX81 then QL, and Acorn BBC B
2 - Archimedes RISC
3 - Lots of PC's ... because(?)
4 - Used lots of MAC's - yet never purchased one!

I agree that ARM did the right thing, and developed their chip designs for the embedded market. Now, they are in most of the things that we all use.

--
Malcolm Cadman