En/Je/On 2012-02-28 09:10, Malcolm Lear escribiĆ³ / skribis / wrote :

> On 27/02/2012 12:38, Marcos Cruz wrote:
> >I forgot to mention the SpecBAS project by Paul Dunn (http://specbas.co.uk).

> Its interesting it support procedures and functions the same way as
> SBasic. Clearly the author has used a QL.

I'm not sure about that. I think the main influence comes from an old good
alternative BASIC for ZX Spectrum: Beta BASIC by Andy Wright (and its
descendants SAM BASIC and MasterBASIC for the SAM CoupƩ, by the same Author).

The proc syntax is almost the same, though Beta BASIC do it better: it calls
procs by name (like S*BASIC), while SpecBAS needs the word PROC. The DO LOOP
structures are also the same; though Beta BASIC do it better too: it lets
UNTIL and WHILE at both DO and LOOP in any possible combination, while SpecBAS
so far only lets "DO WHILE - LOOP" or "DO -- LOOP UNTIL".

Remember SpecBAS is still alpha and evolving. It seems it will become a useful
and multiplatform language -- with a nice retro feeling.

Marcos

--
http://programandala.net