Hi Bryan,

  * When I select Xchange, I cannot find out how to bring it up to
    screen size; I've already set the screen size correctly

Simple : you can't Xhange has a fiwed screen size which you can't change (unless you poke around somewhere in the program's code, I think).
  * I cannot select the three panel screen from the menu; if I exit the
    menu to the three panel screen, how do I get back to the menu?

The menu is a simple Basic program that is run from win1_.
(win1_boot).
You can thus interrupt it by the CTRL+SpAce keysroke.
You can also hit the ESC key.

Now type WMON.

This will bring up the red,white & black windows.

To get back to the menu just type "run" which will rerun the program.

  * How can I bring the three panels up to display size?

Well you will have to set the window sizes with the WINDOW command.
Do you think you can do that?

I could set up a procedure that checks the window sizes and fits everything together (not before this weekend).

  * How can I add my own programs to the menu?

Simple : edit the basic program, adding your wishes and resave it as win1_boot.

Wolfgang.