Hi,
From reading the PDF, it also appears to bring the possibility of mapping multiple WIN drives (1..8) to distinct container files simultaneously, which - as far as I was aware - could not be achieved before with the original (and very effective, within its intended scope) SDC driver.

I don't know about the original SDC (I don't think I ever even saw a QL-SD interface...) but for my driver, yes, the WIN_DRIVE command lets you assign drives to different files on the card.

Do we have any understanding of the QL (Minerva) memory utilisation of WIN as compared to SDC? I'm thinking about the need with the SDC driver to keep container file-size small in order not to consume QL memory too aggressively for its (equivalent of) slave-blocks. E.g. for an unexpanded QL of 128k, about 1.5MB container size seems to be the limit before you take too much memory to run the machine effectively.

As Marcel said, my driver also needs to keep the FAT (of each drive, if you have several) in memory. One trick could be to **somehow** format a drive with a large number of sectors per cluster. This would make the drive larger without increasing the FAT size, albeit at the risk of giving away capacity when storing smaller files.

If only we could find another builder/supplier of the SD interface... :-)

Hopefully one that could work reliably with GC/SGC!

Wolfgang