Wolfgang wrote:

>> I wasn't talking about what QPC *could* do if it was *changed*. You called
>> QPC a platform all by itself, and I think it is not. Because IIRC the only
>> thing that can be run are <=68008 coded SMSQ/E applications.
>
>Right, then QL, then, isn't a platform, either, because all it can run
>are "<=68008 coded QDOS applications".

Of course the QL is a platform. It is not true that the QL is restricted to
QDOS. I can run a different operating system on it, not only QDOS. The
interfaces to the hardware are defined and accessible.

That the old original QL is no longer a very interesting platform for a new
OS is a different story.

Remember I did never say QPC II must or should become a platform all by
itself. I just said it isn't. The Q40 is.

Peter