In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Norman Dunbar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>>> QPC2v2 is a great product, it just a pity that it is now mainly us more
>'expert' QL users that are left to use it.
>
>I agree, but I'm not that much of an expert - so I just use it in the manner
>of a QL, to do what I want to do.

Agreed, yet to others we all look to be 'experts'.  I also get this
feedback through the London Quanta group that I organise.  The regular
attenders are now very much experts, and the more 'ordinary' QL user has
lapsed. This also has to do with other factors, too, of course.

>>> Many of those who have abandoned the QL OS for the pleasures :-( of PC
>Windows would really be
>>> happy and impressed if they were to return to using the QL this way.
>
>I have 'abandoned' my QL, Gold Card, 3.2 Mb floppies, Floppy extender for
>another 2 'normal' floppy drives, Miracle hard disc, serial to parallel
>convertor, monitor, cables, wiring and some more cables, Some cables and
>more wiring etc etc to the loft, because I don't have room for all of it and
>my wife runs her business on a PC. I am allowed 'room space' for QPC on the
>hard drive which works for me. It also allows me (at present - but not for
>much longer) to take my work for QLToady to work and correct them, test them
>there as I take my system with me on a 100 Mb Zip drive. Most of the
>debugging work I am doing at the moment on QLTdis has been done at work -
>hence the slight abandonment of the HTML tutorial/QDOS docs web site at
>present. There is no way I would have been able to get it done without
>QPC2v2 - so thanks Marcel. (It also means that I don't get 'shouted' at by
>Dilwyn and Jochen when they need the articles :o)  )

Yes, it is a great product ... so many people can benefit.  I use the
QPC2 style of QL'ing now more than I do 'black box' or derivatives way.
Although I often have both running at the same time.  I'm lucky enough
to have a small room stuffed full of gear !

>As for Q40/Q60 - I'd love one, but I can't justify one, so I don't get one.
>I'm sorry Peter but it is highly unlikely I'll ever have one of these. Gone
>are the days when I would eagerly leap onto whatever new 'thing' was
>released for the QL world. :o(  (Marriage - wives have no sense of a man's
>needs to play !)

Yes, I understand that position.  I would like several new computers, of
different types.  Some I will actually purchase, eventually !  My latest
treat has been the Osaris pocket computer ... as indicated in an OT
thread :-)

--
Malcolm Cadman