----- Original Message -----
From: Wolfgang Lenerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ql-users]QLiberator

> I'm not sure whether it is the colour drivers or a memory question.
> I've noticed that on many occasions whena Qlib program refuses to
> work correctly, this is due to the fact that bit 31 of an address is
> set. Qlib program have a structure where some address is put into
> A0 and then a JMP or JSR is made to that address. This goes
> wrong on more modern machines, where high addresses are
> allowed...
>
> What I haven't found out, is why this doesn't happen EVRY time
> you start Qlib programs on the same machine...

I have not come across this problem in practice, but is it something which
only affects older (or badly written) QL-Liberated programs? Could it be
something to do with the original basic? For example assuming that system
variables begin at 163840? Or am I being too simple? SMSQ-E was fairly
tolerant about this, but this could have changed with the colour drivers.

Geoff Wicks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]