>I am pretty sure that Sinclair also developed a few prototypes for
>internal testing, etc, that included disk drives ... although whether
>they were 'working' ones, or just 'dummies' I couldn't say.
>
>I will try and check this out sometime, as I still know the
industrial
>designer who worked on the QL project for Sinclair.

May be worth following up just what the QL2 was going to be (probably
like a Thor). I was sent a copy of the Tyche Rom which is
partly, but not fully compatible, with QL ROMs. Can't remember the
name of the company embedded in the code though - I think it was
Sirius Cybernetics. The ROM itself was a 64K unit.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]