> From: "Phoebus R. Dokos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sun 13/Jan/2002 18:40 GMT
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [ql-users] Compact Flash Adapters.
>
> At 06:25 ìì 13/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>
> For cards smaller than 32 Megs yes it will... Cameras usually format the
> cards as FAT-12 drives and SMSQ supports that. If it's larger than that,
> Dave Walker's MultiDiscOVER probably will... (You have to check with Dave
> for that).

DiscOVER (all variants) can already handle FAT12 and FAT16.  I was thinking of adding
FAT32 support as well if anyone wanted it, but as FAT16 gets you up to 2Gb on a
parition it did not seem particularily urgent.   Possibly more useful would be upgrade
the filename handling on MSDOS format media to recognise long file names rather than
just the 8.3 format.   The change that might be needed to get DiscOVER to work with
these devices is a (small) one around the original opening code if any special device
name is needed to open it in direct sector access mode.   Having said that it may be
sufficient to simply set the type as "WIN" and the format as "IBM" - I would have to
check if that combination would get DiscOVER into the code that tries to identify a
hard disk partition type.  If not it is a minor change to allow it.

Dave

Never pay another Internet phone bill!
Freeserve AnyTime, for all the Internet access you want, day and night, only £12.99
per month.
Sign-up at http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime