??? 11/3/2002 10:27:12 ΜΜ, ?/? Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ??????:

>Phoebus Dokos wrote:
>> IMHO what should be done is to leave WMAN alone and work on an
>> entire new PE that could give the QL a whole new GUI, there all new
>> developments and features could be implemented without sacrificing
>> compatibility with older apps (since the original PE would still be
>> in place).
>
>Well, I'm not going to re-invent the wheel. After all, ProWesS already
>exists, it's open source and anybody can alter it the way one wants.
>But unfortunately I haven't seen much progress there (I played around
>with adding some 3d look and feel to it but then didn't have enough
>time) and there's no reason to assume this'd be different with yet
>another new window manager.
>
>After all we won't get masses of new applications just because there's
>another fancy window manager on the street. But there are quite many
>existing PE applications out there which could be adapted very easily
>for use with the new colours.
>
>Marcel

True too, but I still believe that a new GUI would be the right way to go (that
doesn't prohibit you from adding the support for older
PE apps of course).

However (and this requires a lot of discussion), you could assemble a team of people
that COULD design a "new PE" and you could
incorporate it into SMS... moreover something like that with your input as the main
SMSQ developer could be made faster and a lot
better than what we have now...

--
Phoebus R. Dokos - Quantum Leap Software
Web and Graphic Design - Custom Program Solutions