----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel Kilgus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ql-users" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Just another idea
< snip>

> When I announced that I'll come to Eindhoven I was told that Peter
> (who already said that he'll attend) won't come now because he
doesn't
> want to be in the same room with me. Later on this list he said that
> he got the flue or something. Anyway, everybody knew that meeting
was
> there and what purpose it will have. I did free my weekend by short
> notice and paid at least 3 sold QPCs worth of money to the German
> railway company just to get there. If the Q40 lobby couldn't make it
> this is not our or my fault. So please ask THEM why they didn't
> attend.
> Marcel

The exact answer to this is as folows:

Peter asked D&D Systems if we could wait a week or so for a delivery
from him as he was unable to work (and unable to go to work) due to
very bad influenza. This lasted over a 3 week period as far as I know.
Peter did not email us very much and I did not press him for work to
be done. He never told us that a very important meeting regarding the
O/S was about to take place in Eindhoven and for a very good reason,
he thought it was another same old thing 'have a chat around a table'.
Wether or not he wanted to go, he could not. He did not know it was
important so he did not tell us. This does not matter because if an
important meeting was being called D&D Systems would of course be
notified as we are the major QL hardware manufacturer and had been for
6 months.

We were never informed about this meeting - Why?

Non of our O/S writers were present but it is still ok to make major
decisions - why?

Nobody was able to represent the latest hardware development at the
meeting but still the meeting was valid - why?

The meeting was a non-event for us so we can correct this by having a
proper meeting with the relevant people attending, not a select few.
This initial open source for SMSQ/E proposal is for the good of all
'users of the code'. The first step should be to talk to as many
potential O/S writers and hardware developers as possible and develop
a common workable theme then ask the public for opinions then write a
draft based upon previous agreements. In this open way the draft would
nearly write itself. However the method used has produced the mess we
are in. Start again from scratch and do it democratically.

Dennis - D&D Systems