In a message dated 08/07/02 09:59:56 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I'd prefer GWASS to be amended!

I assume you mean that you would like GWASS to be altered so that the Qmac macros would work without any change. There are various reasons why this wouldn't be easy or indeed possible.

For example the conditional instructions in GWASS are global - not confined to macros as I believe the Qmac ones are. You also need an "endif" in GWASS.

Also setnum and setstrg of Qmac set numbers and strings inside a macro. GWASS's "set" is again global. It can be used anywhere in a program to set a variable of whatever sort and to reset it later.

A third problem would be strings. In GWASS a string may be delimited either by apostrophes (') or by quotes ("). Only the former are allowed in Qmac.

Anyway, what is so bad with a set of GWASS-type macros to replace the Qmac ones provided the USER of these macros can code them in almost exactly the same way as for Qmac?

George