Hi Roy
Nice to hear from you, just one little point here which I don't
think I missed. If D&D use SMSQ/E which you refer to in you other
email, that was sold with Q40, and abide by that license, nobody
would object. Yes
They can use it but they cannot sell it or revise it. Once the old licence was finished it was closed and the new one took over.
.
I was concerned by a remark by Wolfgang to the effect that if a
copy of SMSQ/E was lost, like bread, a new copy had to be paid
for. OK(maybe), but as the old license stood you upgraded,
replaced, etc. We lost 2 complete systems to lightning last
month, luckily we managed to recover most things from other
machines, but if a 3rd machine had been on at the time that would
not have been possible.  Now, because of the new license I assume
we would have to repurchase SMSQ/E (OK). Which license would it
be under, old or new??
No you not have to replace the SMSQ/E because you have the code on the disk which you bought. Even if you lost the disk or destroyed the disk, as others have done, you would still be able to get a replacement from me because I had proof of purchase in the form of your invoice. I would only charge cost shipping it to you. The licence would be irrelevant because I would be replacing the old copy.
You stoutly deny revising SMSQ/E, I was talking about David
Gillhams revision of the code, you were the seller.
.Just putting record straight. nothing to do with money.

SMSQ/E is a modular system David Gilham's code did not change any of Tony Tebby's it added a module in a way described by TT himself. That module added in support for soft resets in superHermes. I also added the superHermes keyboard code. I did this for you because you did not want to do it yourself. The code for adding modules to SMSQ/E has been around for a while and is freely available. D&D expressly state in their adverts that they have 'changed' the code. (See the last issue of Quanta). This is a different matter.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK