In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dave P <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
Well, mine's a mere dual 733 G4, but it's faster than a 3GHz P4 in most
things.

Interestingly, I chose the slower clocked Mac because it was "The Tool For
The Job" of editing video. It stomps all over my dual Athlon 1800+, has
never crashed and "Just Works"...

Not very relevant to QLs though.
This is really the point. I have only had contact with two or three people who had any real need for a QL or QL emulator faster than a QXL or Q40. Given that 99% of QL programs are very uncomplicated speed does not really come into it at all. It is the same with most PCs. People go out and buy a 2.4GHz P4 to run office applications. Live fast - die stupid.
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch, 20 Locks Hill Portslade. Sussex. BN41 2LB. UK