[EMAIL PROTECTED] makes some magical things to make me read

} Anyone got an Epson stylus 800 colour printer (or similar) for sale?? Needs
} to be a serial printer - I only have dot matrix ones here....

Are you sure the Epson is not a parallel printer ?
I have not meet a new serial printer since the middle of the eighty, and it was
all dot matrix then...
The current mood is USB (1.1) for printer. With some luck, some of them
still have a parallel interface, but most cheap ones don't!
(There is a canon ...550 something, which is reasonable and still has a
parallel port, (but things are getting worse and worse, because there is
a lack of available documentation for programming the new printers, when
the printer is not a 'window'-only printer [aka no processor in the printer,
high speed link required for the computer to print correctly!]),
 even if the main cost with colour printer (inkjet) are the refill,
not the printer (and with the new 'intelligent' ink tank,
you can forget the syringe for the really cheap printers!)