Jerome Grimbert writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] makes some magical things to make me read
>
> } Anyone got an Epson stylus 800 colour printer (or similar) for sale??
Needs
> } to be a serial printer - I only have dot matrix ones here....
>
> Are you sure the Epson is not a parallel printer ?
> I have not meet a new serial printer since the middle of the eighty, and
it was
> all dot matrix then...

I have an Epson Stylus Color 850, about three years old, that has both a
serial (RS232) and parallel (IEEE 1284, EPP) interface. Great printer!
Speaks ESC/P2. Im not about to sell mine, but I can recommend it (if you can
get one). Like most things, its not perfect. You cant turn it off at the
mains and it spends a long time grooming itself and burping and farting in
the mornings. Generic ink cartridges come cheap though. You can forgive a
lot for that.

Per