----- Original Message -----
From: "Tarquin Mills" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Quanta Workshop in Norwich

> Tarquin Mills
> > >Suggested dates are March 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28, please pick one.
Possible
> > >times are 10pm to 5pm.
> [snip]
> Would people prefer a different month?
> --

Sorry to have caused you so much trouble about the date, but its better to
get this problem sorted out early rather than wait for a panic at the end of
the year. It's good that everyone is trying to plan in advance and be
flexible.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to give advice as the silence from
QUANTA has been deafening. The QUANTA AGM has to be held before the end of
April and this is the winter/spring workshop that is usually the best
attended. The date and place of the QUANTA AGM has repurcussions for both
Norwich and Hove.

I know at one time Manchester were thinking of holding a workshop once every
two years so that they could host the AGM. The idea being that it could be
north and south alternate years. I do not know if they still plan a workshop
in 2004. An added complication is that QUANTA usually insists that a well
established workshop hosts their AGM.

If you try a date before the QUANTA AGM we still have the problem of too
many shows clashing, but if you try after the AGM summer approaches and
there are often workshops in America and on the continent that are a
priority for traders.

I still think it important that we have a Norwich show. You have a started a
user group in the area, which is quite an achievement these days and this
deserves recognition from the rest of the QL community.

Best Wishes,
Geoff Wicks.