Geoff Wicks wrote:
> > Would people prefer a different month?
[snip]
> I know at one time Manchester were thinking of holding a workshop once
> every two years so that they could host the AGM. The idea being that it
> could be north and south alternate years. I do not know if they still
> plan a workshop in 2004. An added complication is that QUANTA usually
> insists that a well established workshop hosts their AGM.
[snip]
> I still think it important that we have a Norwich show. You have a
> started a user group in the area, which is quite an achievement these
> days and this deserves recognition from the rest of the QL community.
To say I have created a group is sadly an over statement, in the main it
is just myself and Arnold Clarke who meet twice a month. I would love to
get more members, in fact I would like to do something to help the QL in
general after having wasted all this year so far doing politics. Given the
size of our group I see two options

  1. Move the Cambridge-show/radio-rally (which was February this year)
     to Norwich to serve East Anglia. Have it as a low key affair,
     apologises if I am treading on peoples toes.
  2. Hold the Quanta AGM (or some other event) that will draw people in,
     to Norwich. We do not have experience of holding events, my mother
     (who will help) needs convincing we can, she also wants to know
     what entering a bid entails.

--
                        Tarquin Mills

RUNG (RISC OS Users, Norfolk Group)