On  Sat, 9 Aug 2003 at 17:55:24,  wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

><qword snipped>
> I may have missed it, but has anyone said _what_ Qword is here?
A word processor?
>The QL market is thriving in some ways - since I started running my
>website properly last year (was it only then??), I have added over 100
>customers to my database and provided all their email addresses for
>future mail shots by the ever helpful Tony.

> A lot of those customers
>have been new even to his large database, and so it is hoped that we
>may be able to persuade some of these to attend future shows and
>especially QL2004.
Not all of them were new to me of course, but Rich has certainly
provided quite a few new people, and names or email addresses for more.
I have also managed to correct a few of his, and improved his
understanding of international dialling codes (8-)#

I even have two recent emails from Rich in my inbox awaiting time for
processing!

>It is a pity that there are so many people on this list at least (maybe
>Tony could emailshot his mailing list) who have responded to the poll
>on sinclairql.net about where the QL2004 meeting should be held.
.... who have _not_ responded you mean (8-)#
I gave up because of system problems - it will not recognise the
password it sent me.
Also the question is badly put, so I would not be able to answer it
anyway. It needs phrasing better - maybe separating the questions.
>Maybe it shows the general apathy amongst the users.
Indeed.
Mind you when I last looked, there were only 150 on this list.
My database is over 500.

Once the questionnaire is improved (maybe it has been already) I will
put out a blurb about QL2004.

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk