On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:24:35 +0200, Marcel Kilgus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Phoebus R. Dokos (Öïßâïò Ñ. Íôüêïò)" wrote:
I do not know how feasible that could be given the non-full implementation
of the ISA bus on the Qx0 but it is a possibility. Of course three sets of
drivers would be needed. One for the Cardbus adapter, one for the whatever
interface we would be implementing and finally the printer driver on the
program. Is that logical? Without a high-end processor (ie V.5 ColdFire at
a decent ie. > 333 MHz) I do not think so.

This project is doomed in any case. As I see the current situation we hardly have the manpower to write a decent "Hello world" application, leave alone something as complex as an USB driver.

Far more feasible would be to use an external USB printer server in
conjunction with an Ethernet card and a TCP/IP stack (if it ever
appears in full. But if that doesn't materialize, how should an USB
stack?).

This only solves the data transport problem, of course.

Exactly right. THis is in every case a catch 22 situation.

Phoebus

--
Visit the QL-FAQ at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/faq/> (Still uploading stuff!)
Visit the uQLX-win32 homepage at: <http://www.dokos-gr.net/ql/uqlx.html>