Just a thought about what a pity,( I am now in the lunch break...)
one year later after sms/e sources new license, and for a lot of reason that I do not understand (!!) nothing was done on the Q40 side, not because missing of knowledge but for other reasons.
The new license is not perfect (far ?) but usable, just for example, Wolfgang accepted without hesitation my changes to the sources to eliminate movep and believe me my changes was full of bug -)-).
I personally did a very few things with the sources , not because I am against the license, but simply because I do not have the the capacity.

Sadly this is the reality.

Fabrizio , alias an abandoned Qx0 user -)-)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On 11 Oct 2003 at 23:17, Peter Graf wrote:

(...)

> Q60 Successor:
>
>(...)
> After the departure of Tony Tebby,
> I see no basis for projects like this anymore, because there's no common ground
> with the new SMSQ/E maintainers,

Well of course not, you never tried to find one.

> and at the same time no freedom to develop
> SMSQ/E under open source conditions.

Oh rubbish.

This "lack of common ground" seems to stem from the fact that you prefer to profit from
developments made for other systems (eg. Marcel's new wman etc) and not chip in
anything of your own.

Wolfgang

Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro An! ti-spam
  • ... Peter Graf
    • ... gwicks
      • ... Peter Graf
    • ... wlenerz