In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 at 20:07:59, Malcolm Cadman wrote: (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 at 18:28:09, Malcolm Cadman wrote: (ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

It is a nice feature of Turnpike to receive email from a list like
this into a defined Newsgroup.

However, it doesn't always work. This computer with Turnpike receives
it in the default mailbox, so I have to cut and paste into the
Newsgroup. On my other computers with Turnpike it works fine.

So any change with the header can only help.
Maybe it is down to version differences.
Mind oyu I have never had any problem with routeing of mailing lists,
and I think I have used _all_ versions from V3.

Incidentally, I see you posted this using TP 6.01.  You should be
using 6.02!

Yes, it is 6.01S on this computer, and on my other 'almost twin' PC it is 6.01U ... although I don't think this is the problem as much as the exact configuration.

I have just checked one against the other in the configuration, and
this has revealed that I made slightly different choices in the set up.

The interesting thing is they both have same 'built on' date - 14-03-02
- yet this one is missing the FTP client, and the other one has it.  I
must have inadvertently clicked something on the installation, as it
was from the same CD ( or so I now assume ).  Odd, though, that the
version numbers have a different letter at the end.
The letter is they type of license.
I always had 'U' which I thought was one user, and became 'M' when I
bought a two user license.
However, logically, 'S' is single user.

In any case, it doesn't affect the functionality, other that the number
of concurrent machines using TPE.

OK ... that probably explains the codes :-)

I have realised, again, that I left the FTP client out because of low memory on the hard drive.

I believe I have now tracked down the problem ... a subtle typing error of 'ql_users' rather than 'ql-users' for the mailing list.

--
Malcolm Cadman
  • ... Marcel Kilgus
  • ... Tony Firshman