Dilwyn Jones wrote:

In the handbook it does give CHR$15 as condensed but under the ASC11

column it is SI, not

ESC - it just prints normal text

Eh? CHR$ 15 is SI! ESC is CHR$ 27.

According to the printer manual (Star LC24-10) I have for my printer (Star LC24-200C ^_^), both ESC SI (^[ ^O)and just SI (^O) start condensed printing (ie the ESC command prefix is optional). Similarly with ESC SO (^[ ^N) and SO (^N) for one line expanded printing. To cancel condensed printing there is only DC2 (^R); similiary only DC4 (^T) to cancel one line expanded printing (before the end of the line).

I have discoverd ESCg which gives 15cpi and it would almost do for
condensed
Semi-condensed 15 characters per inch.

Some useful character size selections(?):

^[ P     - ESC "P"   - Select Pica (10cpi/17cpi*)
^[ M     - ESC "M"   - Select Elite (12cpi/20cpi*)
                         * selected size depends upon condensed (^R/^O) mode
^[ g     - ESC "g"   - Select semi-condensed (15cpi)
^[ x <n> - ESC "x" n - Select draft (n=0) or LQ (n=1) mode.
^[ k <n> - ESC "k" n - Select LQ font n = 0: Courier       (Times Roman)
                                          1: Optional font (Sans Serif)
                                          2: Prestige      (Courier)
                                          3: Orator        (Prestige)
                                          4: Script        (Script)
                       The first column is the LC24-10 manual list, the
                         (second column) is what my LC24-200C has.
^[ ! <n> - ESC "!" n - Select master print mode - n is an 8 bit selection
                         (add as appropriate):
                            128 - Underline          8 - Emphasized
                             64 - Italic[1]          4 - Condensed[2]
                             32 - Expanded           2 - Proportional[2]
                             16 - Double Strike      1 - Elite[2]
                        [1] ignored if power-up stay in panel style
                        [2] ignored if power-up stay in panel style
^[ h <n> - ESC "h" n - Select character size   n = 0: normal    (1 line)
                                                   1: double-width/height
                                                   2: quadruple-width/height
^[ w <n> - ESC "w" n - Select character height n = 0: normal
                                                   1: double
^\ E <n> - FS  "E" n - Select character width  n = 0: normal
                                                   1: double
                                                   2: triple

when n = 0/1/2, it can either be a control (ie ESC NUL, ESC SOH, ESC STX) or as ASCII numbers (ie ESC "0", ESC "1", ESC "2")

One of these days, I'm going to get the complete summary of the control codes on my computer (to save me digging out my treeware manual everytime I need to do something) - when/if I get it completed, would anyone want a copy?