Henning Brauer wrote:

* Ted Zlatanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-06-21 08:54]:

On 18 Jun 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

and I strongly suggest to keep half baked crap liek SPF out of qmail-ldap.

While I won't comment on SPF itself, in general it could be useful to
provide a mechanism to verify a sender at the SMTP level.

no, it's complete crap, and should either be ignored or fought.

the only remotely sane idea about the forgery problem I saw is domainkeys.

If it is complete crap, why are companies like AOL and Microsoft behind it? Why do they think it is worth pursuing? They must see some benefit, at least incremental benefits, or else they wouldn't do it.

http://postmaster.aol.com/info/spf.html
http://nwc.securitypipeline.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=21100468