Paul Gregg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So, Why wouldn't this work?

Because you're using a technical solution to fix a social problem.
The spammers will just find another way around the system.

So far, flame.org has rejected just under 1000 messages due to being
on the RBL, 40 due to being on the DUL (dialup list, run by the RBL
people) and 203 due to header based regular expression filtering.

That's about 31% of all spam that hits my box.

The problem is, the rules sets need to be constantly updated.  It is
right to say that rule based filtering will fail, but laws help.  For
instance, in California, it is not illegal to send spam to another
californian, but if it doesnt have "Subject: ADV:" in the front, it
is.  And I can charge $50/message.  And I've used that as a way to
scare the shit out of would-be repeat offenders.

--Michael