>If any emails come into these seeded addresses then we register some info
>about that email with the RBL.

Which info would you record? The forged envelope sender or the unwitting
third-party relay?

>sending emails (not practical) if sending direct to MX.  If they use an open
>relay then it'll quickly kill off connections from that machine - but we would
>need to build in a TTL since the last spam registered from that host (e.g.
>12 or 24 hours).
>
>So, Why wouldn't this work?

Because most open relays are not well administered, if at all. All you'd
succeed in doing is RBLing most open relays.

But, we already know who they are (or did with dorkslayers et al) and can
block them without the need for an elaborate scheme.

Probably spamtools is the place for this discussion as the politics of
dealing with open relays is the controvery not the technology and it has
nothing specific to do with qmail.

Regards.